We have identified certain values that lie at the centre of World Vision’s work.
These “Core Values” are the fundamental principles that determine our commitment to each other and to the poor.
- We are Christian: From the abundance of God’s love, we find our call to ministry.
- We are committed to the poor: We are called to relieve their suffering and to promote the transformation of their condition of life.
- We value people: We regard all people as created and loved by God. We give priority to people before money, structure, and systems.
- We are stewards: We are faithful to the purpose for which resources are given and manage them in a manner that brings maximum benefit to the poor.
- We are partners: We are members of an international World Vision Partnership that transcends legal, structural, and cultural boundaries.
- We are responsive: We are responsive to the life-threatening emergencies where our involvement is needed and appropriate.