WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?”
– The water crisis is the #1 global risk based on its impact to society.
– Women in rural areas of Africa have to walk on average 6KM to fetch water for their families. Children are also often forced to walk this distance, just to get water that is often unsafe to drink.
– 1 in 9 people lack access to safe water.
– Dirty water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene as a result of a lack of clean water all lead to various water related diseases.
– Every minute a child dies of a water-related disease.
– Approximately 840,000 people die each year from water related diseases.