Who said you have to be in Ontario only to #LIVELIKEALEX? We made it available that people in Edmonton can also participate!
There will be a 1km, 2.5km and 6km walk happening, we challenge everyone to do the 6km but if you aren’t able to we would love to have you join us on the 1km or 2.5km. When registering people include which walk you will be participating in.
For more information visit the Facebook Event Page!
- Become a water expert – learn the facts on the global water crisis and how World Vision will put the funds to use
- Teams are responsible for arranging their own transportation before and after the walk (Keep in mind this walk begins & ends in the same location)
- A waiver must be signed and submitted at the registration desk before the walk begins
- Parking is available at Emily Murphy Park and a short walk away at Hawrelak Park
- Be sure to mark down that you will be in the Edmonton walk when you register to help with coordination
- Teams raising over $500 qualify for a free #LiveLikeAlex Water Walk Kit
- For any other questions see the full FAQ on the national water walk or contact the Edmonton Water Walk Representative at firstname.lastname@example.org
- August 9th 2015
- 12:30pm Registration and Water Jug Pick-up
- 1:00pm Opening Remarks
- 1:15pm Walk Begins
- 2:00pm BBQ Begins
- 3:30pm Walk Ends
- 4:30pm BBQ Ends
- Starting at the edge of Emily Murphy Park
- Half-point is on the William Hawrelak Park Rd and end-point is back at the starting point