You are about to enter into an amazing journey, partnering with one of the world’s largest humanitarian organizations.
World Vision Youth Advocates and Ambassadors are part of a leadership experience designed to equip young activists with the tools, community, and courage required to lead the social movements of our time.
Twice per year, we bring aboard a national team of students to become Youth Ambassadors.
Applications for the Fall start are due September 5th
Applications for the Winter start are due January 5th
Applications are now open for the 2019-2020 year!
Be sure you meet the basic requirements below.
Youth Advocate Candidates are:
- Passionate about wiping out poverty and injustice.
- Have a desire to inspire, equip, and mobilize your peers to do the same.
- Ready to be part of a Canada wide community of like-minded youth and students.
- Resonate with our manifesto.
- Highly committed to learning and leading within a World Vision context and representing World Vision for the year.
Youth Ambassador Candidates:
- Have all the characteristics as Youth Advocates, but have completed the 1 year Youth Advocate training
- Are ready to dream big and help design their next child well-being project with the support of World Vision.
- Be between 15-20 years old.
- Be a registered student with at least one year remaining in a Canadian educational institution.
- Have a strong reference – teacher, community leader, supervisor, instructor or World Vision staff.
- Be fully committed to 5-10 hours per month. (1 hr of which includes attending a monthly conference meeting online)
- Work towards fundraising and awareness-raising goals you set with your coach 🙂
Are you up for the challenge?