Become a 30 Hour Famine Fundraising Superstar
If you’ve decided to participate on the 30 Hour Famine, you’ve just joined the fight against one of the greatest challenges of our generation.
Hunger and malnutrition still plague our planet. In fact, each day 18,000 children die from preventable causes. This needs to stop. Your fundraising efforts in the 30 Hour Famine are a critical part of changing the tide on this.
We’ve compiled a list of the very best tips for maximizing your fundraising efforts. With a commitment to follow through and a bit of creativity, your leveled up fundraising skills can literally change lives.
- Make sure you’ve registered online at http://famine.ca – Many supporters have found they can raise more than twice as much online over offline.
– The 30 Hour Famine is always a better experience with others, so many sure you’ve registered online under the right team, or if you don’t have one, create a team and invite your friends.
- Commit to an audacious but achievable fundraising goal – If you’ve done the famine in the past, you’re a pro, aim for higher impact this year.
– Try to think through the number of people who will need to donate in order for you to reach your goal. For example, raising $500 is not as hard as it may seem. When you break it down it can be as simple as asking 25 people to donate $20 each. Here’s the impact some smaller fundraising amounts actually make. Share this with your supporters!
On top of that, this year with our partnership with the World Food Programme your funds will multiple 3x in value. Imagine the impact you can have together!
- Customize your fundraising page – Share briefly what you’re giving up and why this matters to you.
– Upload a powerful video or images such as a shot of you when you visited a developing country, or an impact video with statistics you came across, or even a silly image of what you’ll be giving up for 30 hours.
– Create your own 15-second video and join our #WhyImFasting challenge.
- Create fundraising momentum – It starts with you – don’t share a page with $0 raised, put some skin in the game and donate to your famine fundraiser first, or ask a family member to be the first to pitch in.
– Email or text the link to your closest 10-15 people. These should be people who will be highly likely to chip in because of your connection to them. Tell them why their support matters to you, and that their donations will begin a fundraising trend.
– Direct message your next 10 – 50 people. Wait a day or two, and bring your next inner circle of people on board. You may want to enlist family members or mentors to also help share your link and fundraise for you at this stage.
– Social Media. As you’ve got some momentum get the word out on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, make sure to include your direct fundraising link. Don’t be afraid to directly tag people and ask for support. People can’t do anything about what they don’t know about.
- Share updates and add fuel to your efforts – Share with people your total amount raised regularly and how much more you need to reach your goal.
– Give people who’ve donated shout outs on social media. For those who aren’t on social media be sure to still find a way to thank them.
– Purchase or create your own famine t-shirt, change your social media profile image, let people everywhere know that this is serious to you.
– Don’t be afraid to get creative with rewards to drive larger donations – it could be anything from extra chores, to sharing a special talent that you have, to head shavings!
– Share any images or videos you find as you’re learning about hunger with your supporters while sharing your fundraising link – be a persistent voice of why ending hunger matters.
- Engage people on the day of your Famine – Let people know this is your big day.
– Ask people to sponsor each of your 30 Hours. Give them a mention on social media as you dedicate each hour to them.
– Do a final push for donations from those who may have forgotten and didn’t think you were going to follow through 🙂
– Share a video or an image of yourself when you complete your 30th hour – you did it!
- Wrap up – Collect any cash donations that may have also been committed. *Document it in your fundraising page by going to Fundraising –> Enter Cash / Pay Online section of your page so that people can receive tax reciepts. You may need an adult with a credit card in order to process it online.
– Mail in any cheques that are written out to World Vision Canada. You can find our address here: http://yourmovement.ca/act/30-hour-famine/faq/
– Thank your supporters for their tremendous help in changing the lives of children around the world.
If you manage to commit to these 7 steps, you are now officially a #FamineSuperstar!Read other posts from The Voice.