What Can I Do?
WHAT CAN I DO?”
You Can Advocate
The most important first step is for you to understand the issue. Knowledge is power!
Now that you are a H20 expert, gather your friends, your teachers anyone you come in contact with and share about the global water crisis that is happening. If you’re at school you can host a booth with water facts. You can show the difference between clean water and dirty water and how important it is to life.
Want a water presentation?
Our resident water expert, Brianna would love to come visit your group
and share her knowledge and expertise about the importance of clean water.
You can connect with her at firstname.lastname@example.org
You Can Fundraise
Here are a few ideas to help get you started:
– Do a water walk. Gather your group and friends to carry jugs of water through your neighbourhood or across campus.
– Host a booth at your school and educate your classmates and teachers about the importance of clean water.
– Come up with a crazy idea to ride your bike to spread the word!
What’s The Problem?
WHAT’S THE PROBLEM?”
– The water crisis is the #1 global risk based on its impact to society.
– Women in rural areas of Africa have to walk on average 6KM to fetch water for their families. Children are also often forced to walk this distance, just to get water that is often unsafe to drink.
– 1 in 9 people lack access to safe water.
– Dirty water, inadequate sanitation and poor hygiene as a result of a lack of clean water all lead to various water related diseases.
– Every minute a child dies of a water-related disease.
– Approximately 840,000 people die each year from water related diseases.