It takes the will to change the way things are – and the resources to act. 30 Hour Famine will help raise the resources. We can’t end world hunger tomorrow, but we can help people feed themselves in the communities where World Vision is working. See hunger for what it really is. More than just a pain in the gut.
For people in developed countries like ours, hunger is just an uncomfortable feeling that pops up when we miss a meal. But for those in developing countries, with no access to food, they don’t have enough to eat every single day. This affects every aspect, every day of their lives.
Help us fight it! 30 HR Famine is a movement – it is the longest standing and largest Global Youth Fundraiser! In Canada, Thousands of youth come together every year to participate. They challenge themselves to learn about the issues of hunger, raise money for the cause and then fast for 30 hours to experience it all.
It’s about battling hunger, going deeper into what causes it and making the world a better place for children everywhere. The money raised will go to hunger projects that World Vision supports all over the world!
Because we CAN make a difference! And 30 hours can change everything.
- How do I sign up to do Famine?Click here.
- Do I have to register online?Yes: Great news! No more hassle of paper kits, collecting cash, losing cash, dealing with paper work, finding a bank, blah, blah, blah. Every person doing the Famine must register online. There are no more paper kits for leaders. Less hassle for you, and better for fighting famine! A contributor to Famine is drought; drought is linked to climate change. Go green! Also, by doing the Famine online last year, you helped us save over 50% in paper and shipping costs which means more money went to fighting hunger!
- How old do I have to be to do the Famine?The minimum age is 13.
- When is the global Famine date? Can I change my date?Join the Global Movement and do your Famine April 25/26, 2014. However, you can choose to do Famine whenever you want.To change your date:
- Click here to login to your account.
- Click on “profile” tab at the top of the page.
- Click “Change my Famine date & more” on left side of the page.
- It will then ask you when you will be doing your famine and you can manually enter your own date.
- Where do I go if I want more information on how to do the Famine?Get the Famine 101 Guide” and other resources here.